Our little Family

Our little Family
Our Little Family

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A little bit of background first

Well, this is my first blog post.  Kind of exciting. I just wanted to start off with a little bit of information about who I am, where I came from, and what the heck has been going on in my life!  Again, as most know, I was born in Lodi, California on a dairy farm.  Amazing way to grow up!!!  I worked hand in had with my parents on the dairy.  Nothing was better then getting up early and working with the cows in the morning with dad or helping mom feed the calves.  As soon as I was born in fact, I was in the stoller with a little netting over me next to the calves right in the middle of things.  What a gift to live where your parents work!  This is something that I believe brought us all so close together.  Another thing too that was so neat, is that our parents always encouraged us that we could do anything.  You can drive that loader, you can disk 700 acres, you can do it, and just trust yourself.
Besides the working part, there was plenty of fun involved as well with my two younger sisters, Jessica and Erin.  Building forts in the cotton seed was a favorite, along with climbing hay bales, rope swings, having mud wars, riding bikes up and down the silage pit while it was being packed, sliding down the plastic on the silage pit, playing in the mud ditch during the summer, driving ATVs and golf carts at our own pleasure and just enjoying the joys of childhood for a farm kid, all the freedom in the world and plenty of room to do it and get dirty!  What a life for a kid!  Man, sometimes I wish I could relive it now and then.
Well childhood did pass, and I went off to college at Azusa Pacific University in Southern California.  Talk about a change of scenery!  In school a studied communications and enjoyed making new friends and being in an environment that was just so welcoming and encouraging.  I had a great college experience!  Along with just school, I met my wonderful husband Brandon.  What a gift he is!  We married after college and just celebrated our 2 year anniversary this October.  When we first married, we lived in the Bay Area.  We had a cute apartment and house during our time there, but it was never the fit for us.  Suddenly, a brand new opportunity opened up for me on the other side of the country to work in the Dairy Industry in the Southeast for a company called SUDIA.  We knew we had to go, and where excited about the journey ahead.  We both have that drive to try something new.  It has been a great blessing!  We love it here!  People are so much friendlier and their mentality for life is just so much healthier.  Plus, the homes here are amazing!  The move was also very beneficial for Brandon, since he was in the middle of changing his career from computers to firefighting.  There are so many more opportunities here compared to the zero in California. 
So that is a little overview.  There is much more to tell, but at least this gives us a start.







No comments:

Post a Comment